Saturday, March 17, 2012

MARCH 17, 2012 UPDATE

The blog was suspended when I came home for some routine medical tests.  Unfortunately, one of the tests was anything but routine.  As some of you may already know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Fortunately, it was caught at an early stage and was successfully removed.

After undergoing an additional genetic test, it was determined that I am in the high risk group for a recurrence.  The consensus amongst my medical team is that the best treatment regime for me is to undergo a 3-4 month course of Chemotherapy followed by 6.5 weeks of radiation.  Not exactly what we had envisioned to do for the next several months but unfortunately a necessary precaution.

We leave for Florida tomorrow and plan to move the Duddon Pilot from its current location at Islamorda to Indiantown, Florida.  Indiantown is considered to be a "hurricane hole" and therefore a safe location for us to leave the boat until we resume our adventure on the Loop.  

I will post updates from time to time to let you know of my progress and our plans.  Many thanks to everyone for their well wishes and encouragement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment